Friday, August 22, 2014

Organizing Life: Black Week (3)

It's Thursday and I'm still coughing! Just cannot seem to shake this one. Any-whoooo…We just had some lovely rain, after a lovely sunny day and I must say I'm starting to feel a bit more human. Though, once again this week has just evaporated. Last night I managed to finish my boxy black dress, I'm so proud of myself. No pattern, just a straight rectangle sewn together. I added a contrasting patterned yoke and did this one with a boatneck. When I fit it on the first time it way way to long so I added horizontal pleats and now it's perfect. Just add a belt and we're good to go!


I cannot wait to try it on! I'll definitely do an Outfit Love post on this one. It turned out to have a mixture of 1920's and 1950's fashion, don't you think? Have you guys been sewing anything lately? I'm not a salted seamstress and I'm no fashion designer so the simple stuff can at times be a challenge to me. But hey, I'm learning! This little project has taken a nice big chunk out of my black fabric heap, which has shrunk quite a bit since I started.


While I'm at it, I decided to sort through my accessories and gathered up all my black accessories. It really helps to take photo's of what you have to your disposal. It happens more often than not that I'll get stuck wearing the same one necklace everyday for a month and then complain about not having any accessories. Knowing what you've got and being able to see an overview of what you've got to work with will help to plan outfits ahead. This comes in handy when you're planning a trip or even for that last minute fancy dress event. You also come to realise just how much you really have and what you NEVER wear. In taking my organising one colour family at a time, the monstrous task is broken up into more chewable pieces. I have found that there are a lot of things I don't feel comfortable in anymore. Now I know which things will have to go and it seems quite a lot easier to let them go.

If you have any organising tips for me, please leave you tips or links in the comments below. I'm always looking for more clever ideas on how to get sorted.

Have an awesome day!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird