Sunday, May 5, 2013

30 Days of Dresses: Dress #5

For some reason this outfit reminded me of the 1920's. Don't quite know why, maybe the very fine polka dots on the dress or my polka dotted stockings... Anyway, this dress is made of Viscose, one of my favourite textiles. It's light and flowy and oh so comfortable. The colour scheme reminded me of the Autumns back in Pretoria where we used to live. All the trees would be covered in shades of red, orange and yellow, some even turn deep dark plum before throwing off their leaves. I do miss that, being able to see the seasons change... Here in our new town, Hermanus, in the Western Cape, we have winter rainfall. This means everything turns green, it's quite strange but nice in a way.

 -this dress is awesome, I have worn it many different ways and right through the year. Did you see my cute little Alice band with the bow? It was a gift from my father-in-law, I just love it! The bow is stuffed which makes it squishy-

-this lovely brooch(top) is from my Country Charm range. It's earthy and goes with almost everything. My awesome pumps (below) are so comfy and versatile, as you'll notice in my other post that I tend to wear them a lot-

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird